We suggest you read our Mindfulness series progressively to gradually improve your Mindfulness knowledge and practise. Begin with the first article in our series – ‘What is Mindfulness‘.
Guided Mindfulness Resources
There are many wonderful guided mindfulness resources catering for beginner to advanced practitioners. These are available in various forms such as:
- iPhone / Android apps
- YouTube videos
- Ted Talks
- Spotify tracks / playlists
- Internet sites.
A simple search for ‘mindfulness’ or ‘guided mindfulness exercises’ in any of these forms will find a plethora of useful resources.
Below are some of our favourites to get you started.
Iphone Apps are one of the easiest and most convenient ways to access guided mindfulness exercises (for users with smart phones). They’re a particularly great resource for those who are new to mindfulness. They’re also wonderful for experienced practitioners (particularly if you are feeling a little unsettled). Here are some great resources:
- Smiling Mind (Great for all ages including children as young as 3 y/o)
- Headspace (Includes easy to understand explainer videos)
- One Giant Mind
- Insight Timer
The following books are wonderful resources (for those who are interested) to gain knowledge of and deepen your mindfulness practise:
By Eckharte Tolle
Eckharte Tolle was ranked 4th on the Watkins list of 100 most spiritually influential people for 2019 (after Pope Francis, Oprah Winfrey and the Dalai Lama). Eckharte Tolle is not affiliated with any particular religion. He is author of numerous best selling books including:
- The Power of Now
- Practising the Power of Now
- A New Earth
- Silence Speaks
By Thich Nhat Hanh (Zen-Buddhist Monk)
Thich Nhat Hanh is a vietnamese buddhist monk and peace activist. He is author of over 100 books. Some of his best selling books include:
- The Heart of the Buddha’s Teaching
- Peace is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practise of Meditation
- Living Buddha, Living Christ
Science / Research Based Books
By Dr Craig Hassed (GP & Senior lecturer Monash University)
Craig Hassed is author of numerous mindfulness books. The following book (which was co-authored by Stephen McKenzie) is a great look at the
science behind Mindfulness and gives some simple, practical tips for application.
- Mindfulness for Life
By Russ Harris (Doctor and Therapist)
- The Happiness Trap – a book based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (a mindfulness based therapy) teaching psychological flexibility and skills that can markedly improve quality of life and reduce harmful effects of unpleasant thoughts / emotions whilst taking action in alignment with values to enhance life fulfillment. Highly recommended.
By Rachael Kable (Psychologist)
Rachael Kable is the creator of the award winning podcast ‘The Mindful Kind’. In Dec 2018, her podcast reached 3 million downloads.
- The Mindful Kind
TED talks be accessed online or by downloading their app. Here’s a few good ones to get you started:
- Want to be happier? Stay in the moment – Matt Killingsworth.
- Andy Puddicombe – All it takes is 10 mindful minutes
- The mindful way through depression – Zindel Segal
Simply search for these podcasts in your ‘Podcasts’ app on your smart phone to gain access:
- Thich Nhat Hanh Dharma Talks
- The Mindful Kind (By Rachel Kable)
- Mindfully (by ABC)
- Oprah Winfrey’s Supersoul Conversations:
- Episode – Eckharte Tolle: Being in the Now (23-Jul-2018)
- Episode – Thich Nhat Hanh: How to Listen with Compassion (7-May-2018)
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose (7-Jan-2019)
- A New Earth: Ego: The current state of humanity (Chapter 2) (14-Jan-2019)
- A New Earth: The core of Ego (Chapter 3) (21-Jan-2019)
- A New Earth: Role-Playing: The Many Faces of the Ego
(Chapter 4) (28-Jan-2019)
- A New Earth: The Pain Body (Chapter 5) (4-Feb-2019)
- A New Earth: Breaking Free (Chapter 6) (11-Feb-2019)
- A New Earth: Finding Who You Truly Are (Chapter 7) (18-Feb-2019)
- A New Earth: The Discovery of Inner Space (Chapter 8) (25-Feb-2019)
- A New Earth: Your Inner Purpose (Chapter 9) (4-Mar-2019)
- A New Earth: A New Earth (Chapter 10) (11-Mar-2019)
YouTube is a fantastic place to access a huge library of mindfulness talks, mindfulness meditations and presentations. Here are a few of our favourites to get you started:
- Most Eckharte Tolle Talks (such as: The power of the present moment- A meditation)
- Thich Nhat Hanh (Mindfulness talk at Google Headquarters)
- Meditation and Going Beyond Mindfulness – A Secular Perspective (By Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche)
In the following Webcast, Oprah Winfrey and Eckharte Tolle discuss his international best selling book “A New Earth”:
- Eckharte Tolle and Oprah Winfrey https://archive.org/details/EckhartTolleAndOprahWebcast-2009
Learn More About Mindfulness
PhysioAdvisor’s mindfulness articles are a progressive series designed to gradually strengthen your Mindful muscles. We recommend progressively reading through our series to deepen your practise. Begin with the first article in our series:
If you would like to link to this article on your website, simply copy the code below and add it to your page:
<a href="https://physioadvisor.com.au/health/mindfulness/mindfulness-resources”>Mindfulness Resources – PhysioAdvisor.com</a><br/>Want to learn more about mindfulness? Check out our list of recommended mindfulness resources including mindfulness apps, youtube videos, books and more...
Return to the top of Mindfulness Resources.